Monday, May 4, 2009

Wireless network internet connection problem!!! I need HELP!!!?

Okay, I bought a new Compaq/HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on Sunday and everything works fine except I can't connect to my wireless network. It's my cousins wireless network Iand it's an unsecure wireless network and even though my computer finds the network and picks it up it says connect to network. I click connect to network and it starts to connect and then stops and says Windows failed to connect and then says diagnose the problem and then says something like this:





"Windows can't connect to network ********** because it hasn't received a response from the wireless router or access point"





However if I plug the eternet cable into my laptop the internet works fine but I can't connect to it wireless. My cousin however can connect to the wireless network with no problem.





I can connect to a lot of other wireless networks however such as the school library and other unsecure networks though





Can someone please help me get my computer to connect wirelessly to the network.

Wireless network internet connection problem!!! I need HELP!!!?
try updating the firmware on the router. I had the same problem and i saw the geek squad at best buy who told me this solution and now everything works fine. to do so go to your router's manufactuer's website and look for firmware updates.
Reply:Hi,


Try turning off User Account Control on the Laptop. Go to control panel---User account and click to turn off User account control (seems like its the root of all evil in vista0


Cheers

dental bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment