Friday, November 13, 2009

HELP! MY NETWORK IS NOT WORKING!!! HELP! I can't get the printer to hook up and file sharing only goes one way

When I try to access files on the host computer (in the network) from the client computer (in the network), it says this:


\\(host computer name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.





The network name cannot be found.





When I get on the host computer, and try to access the client computer's files, it works completely fine.





I'm not sure, but I also think this is why I can't get my client computer to be able to print in the network (printer is connected to the host). I do add printer, and go to the network, type the printer name, click next, then a password pop-up thing comes up. My host doesn't have a password at all XD... when i try to let if find the network printer, it doesn't come up at all (it used to)... how do I fix all this?!?





Please help me, and please describe the steps on how to fix this like... clearly :)

HELP! MY NETWORK IS NOT WORKING!!! HELP! I can't get the printer to hook up and file sharing only goes one way
on the client computer, go to start, control panel, administrative tools, services, and look for computer browser, right click, select properties, then select "disable" click "ok" and reboot. try to access the client again, if it doesn't work, use the network wizard in windows xp to reset up file and printer sharing. when using file and printer sharing, the computer browser service can only be run on 1 pc. after doing this, if ur still having this problem write back and i'll tell u what to do next.
Reply:You need to authenticate to the host PC.


download http://www.mobilenetswitch.com/ and create a connection to the drives \\(computername)\c$


and put in the username/pass of a user that exists on the host pc.

dental bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment