Monday, November 16, 2009

Network Setup Help?

I am having some problems trying to set up a Home Network in Windows XP.


I have a LAN port on the back of my computer, and when I try to create the network, The network port shows up as: Via Networking Velocity Family Giga-bit Ethernet adapter.


When I go into the setup it states that this is disconnected hardware. How do I connect this hardware / network cables?


And when I try to enable internet connection sharing the error message comes up: A device attached to the system is not Functioning.





Does anyone know how to fix this?


P.S: I have added pictures of the port and of the error messages.


Thanks.





http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/...


http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/...


http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/...

Network Setup Help?
Looks like your system is working correctly. It knows you do not have a cable connected to your network port! For a local area network (LAN) to work you need to connect to to other computers.





If you connect to a switch, hub. router, then use a standard eithernet cable plugged into the socket on the back of your computer.





If you connect directly to another computer you need a crossover eithernet cable to that plug.
Reply:Yes that's your network port, What are you trying to connect to? If it's another computer or a Router then you need a crossover CAT 5 network cable. Then you can run the network connection wizard. Make sure everything is switched on and your internet connection is connected before you run the wizard.


No comments:

Post a Comment