Friday, November 13, 2009

Shared network drive? Peer-to-Peer?

I have mapped a network drive on the hardrive of my desktop computer (Dell Dimension 5150) and that was all fine, I could see it in My Computer and access in on the desktop computer. And then I get my laptop (HP Compaq NC4010) and used a crossover cable to connect the two together to share internet and the network drive on my desktop. I connected the crossover to both computers, internet was working fine, but, when I go into My Computer on the laptop, I can't see the network drive!





What do I have to do to be able to see the network drive on both computers?





There is also another problem with viewing the other computers on the workgroup, both desktop and laptop are on the same workgroup. But for some reason when I click View other computers on the same workgroup as me, in network places, my desktop freezes and my laptop says access denied, even though I'm the adminastrator on both computers.





What do I do to be to access the network drive on both computers, and view other computers...

Shared network drive? Peer-to-Peer?
check to see if there is any firewall or some anti virus software is blocking the network
Reply:Is the laptop yours or a work one? I have a work laptop %26amp; although it works fine for internet access on my home LAN - I can view shared files on there from my home PC - It needs to be connected to the Server at work to allow sharing, but to do that I have to VPN in... %26amp; then I can't see it cos the VPN wont allow local Lan connection!


No comments:

Post a Comment