Monday, November 16, 2009

Network problems...?

I've got an HP Tablet notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium.





After I start it up and get on the internet... I'm able to do whatever I want for 2 or 3 hours, then without changing anything, my computer is no longer able to access my network. For about 2 or 3 minutes it will be able to see the network, but after doing a diganose and check it says it gets no responce from the router. During this time, other computers in my house are able to connect. After those 2 or 3 mintures have passed, it will no longer see the network.





My network is on security type WEP.





The only way I've found to remedy this problem is to put my computer into hibernation or restart it.





If anyone has any idea how I can fix this... PLEASE post.





Thanks.

Network problems...?
Huh, I would start with checking for updates on your machine then check the manufacturer of your router for firmware updates. Then if you still have problems try using a different channel for your wireless. And also, don't use WEP use WPA TKIP easier to set up and more secure.


No comments:

Post a Comment