Monday, November 16, 2009

HELP! MY NETWORK IS NOT WORKING!!! HELP! I can't get the printer to hook up and file sharing only goes one way

When I try to access files on the host computer (in the network) from the client computer (in the network), it says this:


\\(host computer name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.





The network name cannot be found.





When I get on the host computer, and try to access the client computer's files, it works completely fine.





I'm not sure, but I also think this is why I can't get my client computer to be able to print in the network (printer is connected to the host). I do add printer, and go to the network, type the printer name, click next, then a password pop-up thing comes up. My host doesn't have a password at all XD... when i try to let if find the network printer, it doesn't come up at all (it used to)... how do I fix all this?!?





Please help me, and please describe the steps on how to fix this like... clearly :)

HELP! MY NETWORK IS NOT WORKING!!! HELP! I can't get the printer to hook up and file sharing only goes one way
Ok, ypur problem is that the host computers firewall is blocking the client computers access.





Make sure all these steps are done on both computers.


1) Set the Workgroup Name to the exact same name


2) Name the two computers different names


3) Enable file and printer sharing


4) Make sure the two IP addresses of your networked computers are in the exceptions list of your firewall program


5) Enable sharing on the printer you want to use as a network printer.





That should do it....
Reply:Download the Free Network Magic here http://www.networkmagic.com/ %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;And it will help you configure your pcs for sharing. You can uninstall the app later after all is fine. Check you Lan and tcp/ip properties.


No comments:

Post a Comment