Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wireless Network Connected but Internet / Forefox not working.?

Please, help. My laptop connects to the Wireless network but neither Firefox nor IE are not working. The signal is strong. I clicked the wireless connection icon on the panel - the wireless network status pops up. It shows that the network is connected and it show a little computer with words "Send" on the left and "Receive" on the right of it. There is a little "LOCK" sign on the "receive" side and I think that's the problem. WHat do I do?


I do not think I made any changes to the wireless network set-up.


But a day or two before this started I got a message in the "Wireless Networks" status window, wich said Windows was unable to configure the connection. Everything worked on those days.


My PC-Cillin subscription expired a couple of weeks ago and I never yet got to renewing it could that have anything to do with the problem?


Please, help.


Thank you.

Wireless Network Connected but Internet / Forefox not working.?
the lock means it is "firewalled" and probably you are not allowed to connect to the internet. just on the local network. you can ask permission to the administrator to allow you internet access.
Reply:the lock sign means the wireless router ur connected to is private


u need a password to get to connect to it.





wat kind of laptop is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment