Monday, November 16, 2009

Home network?

I have a network called "Local". Attached to it is a wired laptop and a wireless laptop. My router is a Linksys WRT300N. Since adding my wireless laptop the network, I have had my connection drop on a continuous basis. My connection was fine until then. How do I remove my wireless laptop from the network called "local"? Or is there a way to stay in the "local" network without sacrificing my wireless signal.





Additional info:


2 laptops on the network


Router on 2nd floor of an open layout house


Currently file and print sharing (printer attached to laptop upstairs).





Thank


A.

Home network?
If you want to turn off file and print sharing,





Start - Network Connections





then click on appropriate network connection type: for you probably (Wireless Network Connection)





then unclick the check box for "file and printer sharing"
Reply:Not sure I understand it all Angela, but I think you've already diagnosed the problem. You're not getting the wireless signal to the laptop. Better if you are on the same floor as the router.

cosmetic dentistry

No comments:

Post a Comment