Monday, November 16, 2009

Network Load Balancer's IP address?

Hello guys I really need some technical Assistance here. I'm in a Pinch! So to say..





Anyway I understand that a Network Load Balancer is used as a "replacement" for a Server. As a server can be expensive and all. So, a Network Load Balancer is Used to cut the cost.





The thing is, I recieved an abusive Email. So I copied the Full Header and sent it for tracking. I found out it was from some university. So I called up to Enquire about the IP origins.





They said that it is assigned to a network load balancer and therefore it is unlikely for anyone to have sent an email using that IP address.





The thing is, how the hell the IP got there in my full header in the first place?it's definetly not IP spoofing or Cloaking.





So I wanna ask u guys out there if you know that an IP can be captured when someone is connected to a network Load Balancer to send an Email.





Thanks !

Network Load Balancer's IP address?
hmm.. there is no way that i know of for a client computer to use the IP of the load balancer... although it may be probable that the load balancer was infected by a malicious software that the university is not aware of... just a guess though...


No comments:

Post a Comment