Thursday, November 19, 2009

Network Frustration?

First off thanks for looking at my question:





Now here whats happening:


two computers 1 desktop, 1 laptop---





I've run the set up Home network on both and made sure the computer names are different and the workgroup name is the same. When I share the folder (by right clicking and ticking the boxes) it appears on my desktop network but not on my laptop.





On the desktop if I click view worgroup computers I can see my desktop and laptop folders, if I click laptop and try to open a file I get: (file) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact admin of this server to find out if you have permissions. Access is denied.


On the Laptop: if I click view workgroup computers, I get (workgroup) is not accessible (same message as above). The network path was not found.


Both pc's connect wirelessly to a BThomehub so I'm wondering if this is the problem as I set this up before using wired access for the desktop and wireless laptop.


Help thankyou!

Network Frustration?
First off, check to make sure your firewalls on both machines are allowing "File and Print Sharing". Are you assigning static IP addresses, or are they assigned through DHCP? It helps too to make sure that you have the same username and password on both machines.


No comments:

Post a Comment