Monday, November 16, 2009

Network wireless?

I have my desktop computer that I have set up a network, and have my pc also connected to the same network, both computers and everything connected like printer and modem/router all have the same workgroup name.


I access the internet and printer with both computers and when I look on my computer in my network the laptop is listed, but when I click on the icon it tells me I have no permission to access the computer, and when I go to my laptop and click on network there is nothing showing, How do connect my 2 computers together I am a young 61 years old and am super frustrated as I have checked on Microsoft site for answers but it only advises all computers should have same work group which I have done but still nothing please help I am desperate

Network wireless?
I would be able to give you specific instructions if you listed the Model of your Wireless Router.





Plug the Ethernet(RJ-45) cable from your modem to the uplink slot on your wireless router.





Before you can transmit the wireless you'll have to setup the router with your account information that you use to access the internet.





Plug an ethernet from the first port to another computer. From that computer open up Internet Explorer and type in the numbers "192.168.1.1" This address is the default address of most routers. When you get into the router by default it will set as a DHCP. You need to find this and change it to PPOE. Then enter whatever account information you have into this area as instructed.





Save the changes and you should be in business. If you ever have Router problems Microsoft is not the best place to look for help. You should contact the manufacturer of your Router since they vary. If for any reason the router still doesn't work email me with the model of your router and I will guide you as best I can. jrotctigerbattalion@yahoo.com
Reply:make sure you are connected to the correct wireless router, then what i would do is to restart the router and all computers at the same time. if this doesnt work go to the connections, and repair the connections. good luck, oh you can go to your router's manufactor website to ask for help. either linksys or d-link or which ever, good luck,.


No comments:

Post a Comment