Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wireless Network on laptop not working on G band?

I have a hp Compaq nc6000 notebook it was shipped OEM with the "HP W500 802.11a/b/g WLAN - network adapter " but after the Hard Drive failed and a new one installed fresh XP pro the darn thing only communicates wirelessly on 802.11b.





Furthermore if I go onto the laptop adapter properties advanced tab/ Wireless mode and set value to the following settings:


1. 5 GHz only and laptop does not find any wireless networks.


2. If value is set 5ghz + 2.4 (default) laptop will find 3 networks in range.


3. If I set wireless router to G only the laptop looses all networks.


4. Therefore I have declared I am not using the 802.11g with this Compaq nc6000.


When I go to Device Manager / network adapters- it list "HP WLAN 802.11a/b W500" notice no G.





Why is this and how do I verify and install the adapter / drivers correctly so that i can use the 802.11g?





Any troubleshooting assistance is greatly appreciated.





everything else is working up to spec.


~~Bubbapy~~

Wireless Network on laptop not working on G band?
download the latest drivers and firmware updates for the parts.
Reply:call HP tech support- 800 474-6836


No comments:

Post a Comment