Monday, November 16, 2009

Network Magic Mac installation trouble...?

I just bought network Magic 4.6 for my PC's and got the Mac version for my MacBook. I installed it on a Vista machine and an XP machine successfully but am having trouble getting it to work with my MacBook. As soon as I try to open the NM program, it tries to connect to the network but I get a "Connection Failure" message. The exact message I get is as follows: Network Magic was unable to connect to the Network Magic Monitor. Please quit and try again. If the problem persists you should restart your computer. I restart but with no luck-same thing. I made sure I have the latest version. The router I am using is an Apple Airport Extreme. The version of OS X I am running is "10.4.11". Please help!

Network Magic Mac installation trouble...?
I just did a little work on a network with Network Magic and my first thought would be that the MacBook is not connected to the Internet, if this is the case then Network Magic will not detect a network originally on the computer (don't know why). If you can get the computer connected the the net and then run Network Magic it should work from then on.





Hope this helped. (Personally, I was not that enamored of NM myself, especially for a Mac, but...)
Reply:Try this as Macs don't need "network magic" to connect to a PC network


http://guides.macrumors.com/Networking_W...

veneers

No comments:

Post a Comment